Thursday, August 19, 2010

Plein Air Franklin Farm















Finished Painting
9x12 Oil on Raymar Panel

Plein Air Time 100 Minutes
Studio Touchup Time 30 Minutes





Work in Progress # 3
Trying to control hard and soft edges.




Work in Progress # 2
I was anxious to show the lower sky haze.




Work in Progress # 1






Composition Sketch
Close to lens view, but wanted to include some cornfield
and distant trees on right






My Camera View
Spent over one hour meandering around Franklin back roads,
trying to find the right scene with a good safe pull over spot, and enough
seclusion. Very hot, sultry conditions (temperature around 86 F)-needed to
paint fast.

1 comment:

  1. I read the article about you on empty easel... very nice! Glad to have found you. I have enjoyed your painting progressions... thanks for posting them. I try to do that with my work... when I can remember to take the photos! Usually I am too distracted by what I want to do next to my paintings to remember!

    ReplyDelete